inspire creativity. make memories. be safe.
Art, music, laughter and joy... a well-crafted hospital event or performance can be amazing for families.
They normalize the hospital, making it more friendly and fun. They become positive memories during difficult times.
In 2017, we partnered with our community to host more than 270 special events or performances.
Experience shows us that great events help kids feel like kids, instead of patients. Great events also prioritize the health, safety and privacy needs of our kids and families.
General Guidelines for Special Events & Performances:
- Group members must be 16 or older
- Group sizes must match venue size
- We do not offer room-to-room events
- Flu shots are required during flu season
- Events should be scheduled 4-6 weeks in advance, when staffing is available (currently no weekends)
- Activities cannot include:
- Religious or political themes
- Harmful items (candles/fire, latex balloons, hot glue, or tiny choking hazards)
- Used/thrift materials (all toys, supplies & gift items must be new)
- Needs for media or event photos must be approved in advance
- Professional performances will be evaluated to determine space needs/capabilities and fit for the hospital